Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beyond Photos

 I like to take photos beyond the pure photograph and create a piece of art. Here are several I have worked on lately. I believe childhood is something beautiful. And it is fleeting. I like to capture more than just a moment in time to remember, but also something of the spirit within the person. It takes time to understand a child enough to know what it is when I see it, and work with them to capture it. And the spirit is complex, revealing different aspects at different times.

When doing a photo session it is easy to work quickly, trying to get that group shot where everyone is at least looking toward the camera! Or we try to get that quick portrait of a child when they are still. I much prefer to take a little time to understand a child and work with them and their parents to create something lasting.

These three photos are of my own children. They are often my "models". I would love to take the time with you if you are interested in a different type of portrait of your child.



No comments:

Post a Comment