Wednesday, October 3, 2012

SWPPA Convention Family Trip

My family drove to the Dallas area over the weekend, so my husband and I could attend the Southwest Professional Photographer's Association (SWPPA) conference. As a member of both New Mexico PPA and International PPA, we could attend this. It was neat to go to classes taught by some great photographers in the field. It was also a chance to see my husband's family who lives nearby, and the grandparents kept our children so we could attend! We spent one last day with them before driving home yesterday.

Here are a couple of photos of my kids exploring. When we went on a little hike with Grandpa. My oldest brought along a little notebook and of her own volition was going from one plant or object to the next, drawing them. My littlest was thrilled with exploring the little lake's edge.


I will finish with a few quotes from a celebrated photographer, Joel Grimes, who we heard at the convention.

The risk of being unique: "rejection"

"A technical instrument can never make a creative decision. This is reserved for the human mind."

"From the moment of conceptualizing an idea, to the moment when you hang a print on the wall, this is a series of creative choices that only you an artist can make."

No comments:

Post a Comment