Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mom and Daughters

Sunday I had the chance to take photos of a friend and her daughters. They live in Arizona and were here for just a short time, visiting family. Her husband couldn't come this trip, so we just took photos of the three of them this time. Kara is also a photographer! We had fun taking photos.

The weather was intermittently slightly cloudy with sunny. When I am working with a lot of sun, and with moving targets (children, or even large groups), since I don't have an assistant to hold lights or reflectors, I mainly work to put the sun behind my subjects and light their faces with the open sky. If we can find a nice shady place, even better, but that isn't always possible. With the sun behind, I know my background (and sky) will have to be blown out in order to get their faces lit enough. I over-expose in camera and also adjust it after the fact when I'm processing the photos.

Here are some of my favorites:


















No comments:

Post a Comment