Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Travel

We traveled to SE New Mexico to visit family over the weekend. Unfortunately my 2 year old came down with something Saturday evening and she's still fighting it. I did manage to get a few pictures with the beautiful, stark ranch land the area offers in the background. My children put up with my camera with surprising grace. My daughter explained to her great grandmother "my mommy's a photographer; that's why she takes pictures of us". Hopefully, that isn't the only reason! Actually, I want documentation, and when I see an opportunity, I try to take it. I don't often have the luxury of having equipment on hand, reflectors ready, etc, and so I get what is available. I do, however. ask my kids to stop sometimes and "pose" where the light is good. Sometimes they are willing to comply, and other times I have to get what I can get! Here are several. The first three I took in the evening (when it got cooler).




This is more of a silhouette with the bright sky behind him:


I had to take a few with the brick wall of the house. The light was lovely with light reflected off the white wall behind the house. These were taken in the morning in the shade of the house.




The light was a bit too bright in the morning with the light reflecting off the white wall! My son couldn't get his eyes open enough looking the direction of the white wall... I still liked the photo I got :-)


Back to the evening, I stopped my kids as they came around the corner playing some imaginative game together. I intentionally worked in the leading lines of the bricks, and placed my kids in the right third of the photo.


I didn't post the photos I took with family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment