Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Fun

I've been taking my children to the Tennis Club of Albuquerque for swim lessons the last two weeks. A friend was taking her children and recommended it. This has been a great experience. I'd tried group and then private lessons with my son 2 and 3 years ago, and it had been pretty unsuccessful. He was terrified of putting his face in the water, and once forced to do that, he gave up. So I gave up on having someone else teach him!
The instructors here are phenomenal. They are incredibly patient and my son has gotten older. Both of my two oldest children have made a huge leap. My son now can't get enough, and he goes right into the water! My daughter finally has worked herself up to putting her face in with the patient work of her instructor.
Here are several snapshots of them in action. I was juggling watching/hanging on to my littlest one and the camera at the same time, but got a few photos while watching them:


We've also enjoyed some outdoor play. Here we enjoy the sprinkler hose in the backyard. In the first, I loved the colors in the sky and in my little one's clothes. I also like the lines of the water and of the balcony pillars behind her. My other daughter had a grand time playing by herself and challenging herself to get in the water!

And last of all, I loved the way the sunlight fell up my littlest one's hair as she played on a riding toy outside. I also like the background colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment